Friday, May 06, 2011

Adopted for Life


As my interest in adoption grew last year, one of the first things I did was to buy this book at the suggestion of a friend who was also in the midst of adopting. When I was finished, I passed it on to Brad. Then I started reading it again…because it was that good. I would definitely recommend this book to ANYONE - whether you are interested in adopting or have been adopted into God's family. The author shares his own personal story of adopting two boys from Russia. Good stuff!

It was clear to Brad and I after reading this what we needed to do - step out in faith and adopt 12 children. ok, not really, but we knew we wanted to be a family (to more than our dog-children). International adoption was the road we were being led down. And when we found out from our agency that a dual adoption with China standard program and the S. Korea special needs program was an option for us, it felt like a no-brainer. We had waited long enough…8 years of marriage…we aren't getting any younger…and we knew already we wanted to adopt more than one child. So, we're excited to be united with the children God has for our family. We have a lot to learn about adoption, what to expect, etc…kind of feels like going back to school. But it's totally worth it. This time our diplomas will be coming to us in the form of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment