Thursday, June 09, 2011

prayer request…

I never would have imagined a month ago that we would have already seen our baby girl's face (in pictures) and be waiting to bring her home! The shock has worn off now – it took about a month – and feelings of complete uncertainty have taken its place. The next BIG step that we are waiting on is baby girl's emigration permit (EP) from Korea. The problem (at least in my eyes) is they are running out of their EP's for the year - rapidly!

Please pray with us that our "veggie baby" will be granted her EP soon and that we will be able to bring her home this year! I worry about her PKU treatment as she gets older and starts to eat solid foods that her diet will be followed closely enough. Its pretty easy to monitor when she's on formula and rice cereal…which is helping me not to be worried as much for now.

oh the joys of "unconventional" motherhood. It's like we have a full time baby sitter - in Korea. I'm so thankful for her (second) foster family and all that they are doing for her to keep her healthy, safe and loved. It's sad that we won't be able to meet her first foster family from her birth city and thank them as well. Next item on my list is to send a care package to "veggie baby" and her foster mother. I plan to create a children's picture book for them so they can all have a glimpse into our life - our crazy photos, family and of course our dog-children!

Until then, I'm rejoicing over having a baby sans the stretch marks! Although, it does make me sad to know she is growing up on the other side of the world and we are missing it…

3 comments:

  1. Praying Katie! Thanks for keeping me updated so I can pray specifically for you. But she will have so much more growing to do with you!! I know that's hard...but FYI you are usually to tired to remember all the details anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying so much for this to happen! It is so hard to wait on baby!! Thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying with you Katie! I'm sure you're anxious to hold that sweet little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete