Thursday, January 20, 2011

no gettin' around it!

So, I thought I could get around the invasive doctors appointments and gory blood work since we are adopting our children…in my opinion, yet one more benefit to adopting! boy, was I wrong… 
Take a leak in a cup…check 

Sport a thread-bare hospital gown…double check 

EKG (really? how old do I LOOK?)check 

TB testing(eww what exactly was that pea-shaped lump of substance they injected under my skin?)check 

Cholesterol checkcheck 

Full blood work panelcheck (this one was actually optional yet I still went for it… hopefully the results will ease my hypochondriac tendencies for a while) 

well, that pretty much sums it up. I treated myself to a chicken biscuit on the way back to my office after that long night of fasting and mid-morning blood bath appointment.
In reality, I am just extremely excited to have one more step completed in our home study requirements. It just means we are getting closer to uniting with our future babies! By all means, take all the blood you need…

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are brave;) I'm feeling a little woozy hearing about it! Definitely not my favorite part of pregnancy. You all are really on your way and having a great attitude and perspective about all the little details necessary. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture!!!! And all those tests!!! Yikes!!!! I hate needles. I would've been passed out on the floor!

    ReplyDelete