Friday, January 21, 2011

wake up and smell the coffee!

That's right, people! The living simple, spending less, pinching pennies, acting frugal and thinking creatively has officially kicked off…well, what's new right?

The strange reality of what we have taken on (with God's help) has set in. 
Our path seems overwhelming…rather, the "price tag" (if you choose to look at it that way) seems overwhelming, especially now that our adoption plan has evolved. We are on our way to adopting from both China AND S. Korea. Sounds like I need another cup of the good stuff now...

So, let's talk money, Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey-style…We are frantically brainstorming creative fund-raising ideas, and would appreciate ANY ideas YOU might have to offer! 

One of the first resources I found online was "Just Love Coffee Roasters", a fantastic organization that was started by an adopting family to fund their own adoption and which later evolved into a larger ministry to support other adopting families. It is such a creative concept – if you are coffee drinkers or know of someone who is, please pass along OUR WEBSITE. A portion of EVERY purchase will go directly to help cover our adoption costs and THAT, my friends, is what I call a WIN-WIN.

"Here's to YOU!" *salutes a coffee mug*

www.justlovecoffee.com/bradandkatie

2 comments:

  1. Two quick things

    1 - Abba Fund. We used them to fund our first adoption - loans money interest free to Christian couples pursuing adoption based on their pastor's recommendation.

    2 - I've donated my commission from Thirty-One parties before - so if you'd like to host a show I'm happy to swap the hostess beenfits for the cash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi "Williams"! Thanks for the suggestions…I like your Thirty-One party idea and we'll be looking into the Abba Fund…but remind me who you are? :) *I'm experiencing "adoption-brain"*

    ReplyDelete