Friday, April 08, 2011

death, taxes & some good news…

So, this week's kind of been a big deal. We've been preparing for an unpleasant (to put it lightly) tax season since last year by working extra hard, putting in many long hours, late nights, sacrificing desires and really curbing our spending.

It has been a painfully long year of looming uncertainties and dark waters, to be honest. I tried to stay positive but ended up worrying excessively, dwelling on regrets and sprouting way too many gray hairs (nothing is worth that, I've decided). After what seemed like years of waiting and hoping, our CPA finally had our taxes ready yesterday. I prayed as I (sped) to his office that I would be able to accept the news and move on without…bitterness? We had been preparing ourselves mentally for the worst and I was totally amazed (once again) to find out it wasn't as painful as it could have been. It wasn't pretty but it wasn't a total train wreck either. God is good…

We had actually debated waiting to start our adoption process until taxes were finalized this year BUT I'm so THRILLED that we DID take that leap of faith on Christmas morning because TODAY we were notified by Holt that our home study for CHINA was APPROVED! We just saved ourselves about 4 months in this adoption process by moving forward with it last December. So, what does this all mean? Time to write some more checks (painful) and fill out more paperwork…actually, I'm going to start on that now...how could I possibly sleep? This song pretty much sums up how I feel now…


What a relief to leave last year in the dust and move on with our lives…it literally feels like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I woke up this morning. 
http://1x.com/artist/Stripso/photos


No comments:

Post a Comment