Monday, April 18, 2011


HAPPY TAX DEADLINE DAY
(sense the sarcasm)

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2007/06/sellingarenatitlesforfunand.jpg
.
.
.
.
.
THANKFULLY, WE ARE CELEBRATING A HAPPIER MILESTONE TODAY.
This morning, I shipped off our I800-A forms for our China adoption!
(but only after checking its contents for probably the 12th time - no exaggeration) 
Yeah, it's kind of a big deal…


I contemplated asking the check out lady at the post if I could document this milestone with a photo shoot but she was not so friendly...and I wanted to make sure my package made it to Texas.

So, what's the I800-A? Just the next major step in our China adoption – receiving official government approval to bring a child back to the states from a Hague country. After that, basically all we have left is fingerprinting, the rest of our dossier assembly and everything that accompanies that…and a long time on the waiting list. Surely I'm forgetting something. We are really hoping to have a log-in date with China on my birthday - the big 3-0, baby!

Hopefully my next post will have some good news about our Korea adoption…stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Two weeks after submitting ours, we got an appointment (for different times, though they let us both go at the same appointment). By the time we finished our fingerprinting, it was probably 3.5 weeks from when we mailed it in.

    I've decided that sitting around and waiting is a good thing when compared to doing a bunch of stuff and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you Katie!=) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check in with your blog every once in a while. When is your b-day?

    Sue Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for cheering us on, everybody!

    Sue, the big 3-0 is July 3rd! After this one, I can stop having birthdays… ha-ha

    ReplyDelete