Wednesday, April 27, 2011

my sis ROCKS!

It's been another busy week or more since my last post...full of blessings and one step closer to becoming a family…

First off, a couple days after my sister and her family were down here for a short visit, she sends me a text  out of the blue volunteering her painting skills for our house! I was so surprised that I think my jaw hit the keyboard because I totally wasn't expecting this. (she has mad painting skills, by the way, and is available for hire) She told me she had a FREE ride back down to Greenville the next week and wanted to paint our ceilings and trim – which we had discovered previously to be a hideous taupe/not even close to white color. It was totally drab and made our cozy little house so much darker (and smaller) than needed - plus it totally minimized our woodwork and architectural details. So, she was only here for a few days, but that girl went to work and transformed this place into something out of a magazine. Its crazy what a coat of paint can do to a room! I'm so thankful for my sis, it was very generous of her to do all of that work for us. And quite a workout. Thank you, sis!

BTW, she doesn't usually paint wearing high heels but I thought it made for a good picture. It's so 1950's-house-wife-takes-on-the-painting-project-esque. But seriously, she's so good she doesn't even need to use that green painter's masking tape. She can paint in high heels with one arm tied behind her back… Kara, I hope you get a lot of painting projects out of this shining promotional plug. You deserve it and MORE.

On the adoption front…after finally crawling into bed sometime after 1am Monday morning, I had just started to drift off into dreamland when Brad's super loud and annoying text alert jolted me out of sleep. Brad wakes up at the drop of a pin, so he was on that text message pronto. In my half-alert state of awareness I hear him read "…Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefit Center for processing. Within 7 - 10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number …etc…" Well, this woke me up (which is NOT easy to do) but he had to read it to me again so I could grasp the meaning. I wasn't expecting this to come so fast since I had sent our I-800A only a week earlier. Anyway, it was a nice reason to get startled awake…then I was too excited to go back to sleep, but I managed. The next step in our China adoption will be fingerprinting. I just love all of these little items we get to check off our to-do list!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what some paint can do. We've been painting the house to get it ready to sell. Love me some new paint!!
    So excited you get to check another thing off your list!=)

    ReplyDelete