Saturday, January 01, 2011

new years resolutions

We are so excited about our New Year's resolution this year – to expand our family through adoption! 

So, I've never been a big resolution-maker. Generally they end up being broken and then I just have something to feel bad about. But this year things are a little different. Never before have we taken on a resolution this monumental or challenging. We aren't even expecting to have our China baby this year as international adoption is quite the process – months of paperwork and the fact that China requires adoptive parents to be 30 years old *gulp* in order to submit the dossier (paperwork). Can you sense that I'm excited to turn the big 3-0 this year? I realize this behavior is quite atypical of females, myself included. 

In the meantime, we work like wild banshees and develop plans for King-Searls Designs to be a more self-supporting design studio…after all, my business has been our "baby" in a way for the past 5 years. Isn't it great to see God weaving all the details together - just as it was meant to be!

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys! And I'm excited that you are blogging about your experience. I can't wait to see updates! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad and Katie, I am thrilled for you, and we will love hearing about the process. We wanted to adopt from China for a long time. it is definitely not happening for us right now, but who knows what the LORD will bring down the road. Enjoy the ride of your life!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous news! I'll be keeping an eye on this blog for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting Katie!! I'll be praying for you as you begin this journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete