Monday, January 23, 2012

happy Korean Lunar New Year!


Today officially marks the year of the dragon! Although I'm not much of a superstitious person, after doing a little research of my own and finding that "Dragons seem to be a change year, and usually from bad to good," I can only feel optimistic about Zoey's homecoming - THIS YEAR! I definitely wouldn't say that last year was a "bad" year though – after all, it was the year we started our adoption process, Zoey became our baby girl and we also received the unexpected gift of her baby bro.

So, in celebration of the lunar new year, we sent a care package to Zoey and the foster family. Hopefully we will get another group of pictures with her and the gifts! I think it was a pretty awesome package…new PJ's for Zoey, cute cat hat and mittens, an adorable Asian ballerina doll, a lullaby CD, a recordable story book that Brad and I were able to "read" to Zoey (hopefully she'll listen to it A LOT and get to know our voices), and a hard cardboard toddler book I customized with our photos, family pictures and Zoey's photos showing how she will become part of our family (my favorite part)! And as a suggestion from a friend who lives in Seoul, we sent the foster family a Yankee Candle - apparently they are hot ticket items over there and very pricey. Yay for after-Christmas sales. :)




2 comments:

  1. happy New Year!! can't wait to see that beautiful girlie in your arms-this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rachel! I feel the same. :)
      BTW, It's ridiculous that I still have your adoption book. Next time I'm by your way I will let you know or just drop it off in your mailbox. Hope you guys are doing GREAT!

      Delete